The Bears drop to No. 3 overall in DVOA

The Bears drop to No. 3 overall in DVOA https://www.thebearsfanshop.com/Taylor-Gabriel-Jersey , but Mitch Trubisky gives way to an offensive rise Contrary to popular belief, the sky is not falling for the Bears. Sometimes good teams lose games they should win. Sometimes good teams win games they shouldn’t win. (Which is what the Bears almost accomplished against the Dolphins on Sunday). Yet despite suffering their second defeat of the 2018 season, however, the advanced efficiency numbers are still quite kind to the Bears. A slight drop off isn’t what you would have thought it to be. This is a good football team that suffered one road loss, case closed. After sitting at No. 2 overall in Football Outsiders’ DVOA for three consecutive weeks, Sunday’s loss in Miami only had the Bears fall to No. 3. Surprise, surprise! The two teams ahead of Chicago, in the Chiefs and Rams respectively, are the early presumed Super Bowl favorites.Meanwhile, despite letting up over 540 yards of offense and 31 points to ... Brock Osweiler, the Bears maintained their stranglehold of the No. 1 defensive rating in DVOA. One bad blemish of a week where they missed an astonishing 19 tackles isn’t enough to sink the league’s best defense through six weeks of play. What likely buoyed the Bears’ metrics overall to withstand a poor loss is a rise in their offensive play. At the start of the 2018 season, Chicago’s attack was putrid and Mitchell Trubisky played at a mediocre level. An overall stellar last two weeks for both in a complete blowout over the Buccaneers and a resolving almost-comeback in Miami, has the Bears sitting with the NFL’s No. 14 offense in DVOA. For the first time in over six seasons, Chicago has a top-half defense and offense. Oh and don’t look now Trey Burton Color Rush Jersey , but Chicago’s special teams unit sits at No. 9 overall: a common theme of the past month in actuality. Special teams coordinator Chris Tabor is indeed very adept at his job.That sound you’re hearing is the world imploding in on itself at the reality of a balanced roster at Halas Hall coming together. Robert is the Editor-in-chief of The Blitz Network (subscribe here!), the managing editor of Windy City Gridiron, and writes for a host of other fine publications. You can follow him on Twitter @RobertZeglinski.Bears’ fans, which young QB would you take for the next 10 years? This FanPulse question went out to fans of all 32 NFL teams. We didn’t pick the four choices. Any vitriol you may have can be sent to SB Nation via Twitter here.We were asked to choose which young quarterback we’d like to have on our favorite team for the next ten years and we were given these four choices. Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City ChiefsCarson Wentz, Philadelphia EaglesJared Goff, Los Angeles RamsDeshaun Watson, Houston TexansWhile these four QBs are all talented young signal callers, I think a certain Chicago Bears’ quarterback should have been included on this list over Houston’s Watson, because this season Mitchell Trubisky has been better. Here are the overall FanPulse results on this week’s question. And here’s how Bears’ fans voted when given these four choices.Mahomes - 36%Wentz - 31%Goff - 30%Watson - 0%If memory serves me, I remember a lot of Bears’ fans wanting Watson during the 2017 draft, but now he’s an afterthought. Like I mentioned earlier, he’s also not playing as well as Trubiksy is this season. For the record, I went with Wentz in the FanPulse question Cody Parkey Jersey , and my reasoning is that I trust his body of work of 33 starts over Mahome’s 7 starts. Like I wrote in this article, Comparing Mitch Trubisky to other quarterbacks after 16 NFL starts, it’s too early to know what a young quarterback will be until he’s around for a while. SB Nation realized that Watson was the odd man out of their initial list because only two fanbases had him with more than 9% of the vote. They sent out the following tweet that replaced Watson with...Other.But back to the FanPulse voting; the Texans, obviously, had Watson as their preferred QB with 54% of the vote, and Seahawks’ fans had him tied with Wentz behind Mahomes at 17%. Every fanbase, except the Texans, Eagles, and Rams, had Mahomes as their top pick. Chicago’s 36% for Mahomes was the 4th lowest total among the 32 team site votes.I am curious to see how the votes would have gone with Bears’ fans had their guy been an option, so let us know your opinion in this poll.

asked Nov 30 by chenyan94
0 votes

Please log in or register to answer this question.

Welcome to Care At Home New Jersey, where you can ask questions and receive answers from other members of the community.
Care At Home New Jersey does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions or other information that may be mentioned on this website. This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.